The Tramonto Wedding Run will take place in George, South Africa, on 20 August 2011. There are several races available, depending on the fitness levels of our participants; including 1km, 5km, 10km and the challenging 21.1km route. Whether you attend as a keen participant in the races, or just want to sample the food, wine and fun with your family, the Tramonto Wedding Run promises to be a great day for all.
Exciting features for this event include:
- A performance by the ever-popular Elvis Blue.
- A food show and wine pairing demonstration.
- A full cooking demonstration conducted by Chef Leesha.
- The Kids’ Corner, which includes face painting and a jumping castle.
- The Tri-Nations rugby screening in the venue at 17h00.
To register for the 5km, 10km and 21.1km races, participants will need to go to the Chapel on the day from 06h15. For the fun 1km race (which must be completed in a wedding gown!), entries are open from 10h00 (for the race at 11h00) and are free.
The Best Dressed lady will win R1 000 cash, while the Best Dressed gent will get a 3 litre bottle of Cap Classique Sparkling Wine from Bon Courage.
Other prizes include:
- Female Winner – 1 night self-catering accommodation for two at “Ons Huisie” on Weltevrede Wine Farm with breakfast at Bon Courage Wine Estate (sponsored by NLR Wines).
- Male Winner – 1 night luxurious accommodation in Wilderness at “Lodge on the Lake” for two people (sponsored by Susan Deacon Properties: www.susandeacon.co.za).
- Lucky draw prizes – luxury accommodation for two at Strandveld Wine Farm in Elim, travelling and dinner vouchers, honeymoon suite accommodation at The Guesthouse at Tramonto and various wines.
Food and Beverages:
Hungry guests can look forward to plenty to eat and drink. Just a few items on offer include:
- Top 2 Sushi
- Butlers’ Cheese
- Zelda’s Coffee
- Willow Creek Olives
- Boerewors rolls
- Curry and rice
The Cellar: Wine Trade and Farms
Wine trade and tasting will be open from 10h00. NLR Wines will be showcasing a variety of wines from:
- Bon Courage
- Cape Point Vineyards
- Raka Estate
- Oak Valley Wines
- Strandveld Wines
- Ormonde Private Cellar
- Badenhorst Family Wines
These are all available for tasting and orders will be taken for delivery.
You will receive your tasting glass along with your goodie bag at the gate entrance.
06h15 – Gates open
07h00 – 21.1 km race begins
09h00 – 10km race begins
09h30 – 5km race begins
10h00 – Entries for the 1km Wedding Dash open
11h00 – Wedding Dash begins
11h30 – Prize giving
12h30 – Elvis Blue performs
15h00 – Twintig voor Twee
17h00 – Tri Nations Big Screen Rugby
21h00 – Venue closes
Adults – R100 – entrance to grounds, show and wine trade
Children under 12 years – R50 – Entrance to grounds and show
Children under 5 years – Free- grounds and show
Adults – R20 – wine trade only
06h15 – 21h00
+27 (0)44 870 7150 (Tramonto)
+27 (0)83 376 7414 (Race info)