While I was updating our facebook page and having a look at what else is happening in the world of weddings, I stumbled upon The Wedding Run.
“What is this? Do you have organised races at your wedding?”, I asked myself.
Well, the FB page had 200 followers, which simply stated that it’s in Glenvista, Gauteng, South Africa and that there were “wedding dresses, wedding cake, photo vouchers, wedding planners, jewellery and much much more” to win. Everyone was calling out for information and getting really excited.
So I thought I’d do a little digging…
I was a little disappointed that there isn’t much information to find, that is, until I realised this is a new concept and event (and I mean new – it started 6 April 2011), and if all goes well with this one there’ll be more in the future and the possibility of it expanding to other parts of South Africa.
So here’s what I’ve been able to gather:
- It is called The Wedding Run and is based on the same concept of The Amazing Race where teams have to race from point to point to win prizes.
- It will be held in the JHB region.
- Race Date: 21 May 2011
- It’s R500 per team to enter and there must be 4/5 people in a team and the driver MUST be female.
- Number of entries is a min of 50 teams and max of 200 teams.
- 1st place prize is a wedding dress to the value of R7500 plus more.
- You can win prizes and discount vouchers at each place
- The first three teams will win prizes
- Sponsors will only be revealed on the day as those places will be in the clues to win!
- There’ll also be prizes for the best dressed team.
- You will be given a clue sheet
- You will need a camera
- You will need to take pics (of the whole team) at the clue, to prove you were there
- Starting point: Thaba Ya Batswana
It sounds exciting, right!!!
From the activity of the FB page there are bride & bridesmaid teams, a mother-in-law entering in the hope of winning something amazing for her daughter-in-law-to-be and many more couples with the bridesmaids and best-men.
So if you’re in the Gauteng area on the 21st May 2011 and feel like having a bit of fun with your wedding party, why not join in The Wedding Race!!!
I’m holding thumbs & crossing fingers that this does really well and makes it’s way to the Cape!!
Image Sourced: The Wedding Run