DIY: White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
These lemon truffles are so easy to make and they have a soft velvety texture. Yum! Package them in little boxes or selofane bags for favours or fill a bowl for the buffet dessert table.
White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Melt chocolate, butter and cream over a double boiler or in a microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in salt and extract. Allow to cool slightly before covering with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- With a melon baller or small spoon scoop out mixture and form into 1 inch balls. Toss with icing sugar to coat.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to one week. Freeze for longer storage.
* Using unsalted butter allows you to control the salty flavour of these truffles. The pinch of salt helps to cut through the sweetness of the white chocolate. If you decide to use salted butter make sure to omit the pinch of salt called for in the recipe or they will be far too salty.
* If you want to amp up the yellow colour, stir in some yellow food colouring along with the extract and salt.
[Image and Recipe sourced: Kitchen Simplicity]