DIY: Oreo Cookies and Cream No-bake Cheesecake
An adult dessert gets some kid lov’n with an Oreo crush.
Makes 16 mini 2 inch cheesecakes or one 8 inch cheesecake.
1 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker (digestive biscuits is a good alternative)
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
7 tablespoon unsalted butter(melted)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar.
- Add melted butter and blend until combined.
- Press into pan. Set aside.
2 ¼ cups heavy cream (aka whipping cream)
1 pound cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon vanilla powder
¾ cups Oreo Cookies, crushed
- Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, lemon juice to a bowl and beat with a paddle attachment until smooth (approximately 3-5 mins). If you do not have a stand mixer or a paddle attachment a hand beater will work as well, but will take twice as long to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat until incorporated.
- Gently fold in Oreo cookies.
- Fill chosen pan with a slight mound at the center, as the cheesecake will become slightly sunken at the center.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results.
- Remove from refrigerator and smooth top to level with edges. Serve with whipping cream and garnish with mini Oreos.
A few notes:
- These are made as Mini Oreo Cookies and Cream Cheesecake, but the recipe will work just as well in a 9 inch cheesecake pan or springform.
- If you do not have vanilla powder you can omit it. I don’t recommend vanilla extract or it will end up coloring your cheesecake with a slight brownish color.
- For best results refrigerate overnight.
- Keep refrigerated up until 20 minutes before serving.
Original Recipe & Image Sourced: Bakers Royale