DIY: Cranberry Pecan Granola
Not much says “I love you”, “thank you”, or “I’m thinking of you” like homemade baked goods. These would make great favours for your wedding guests, bridesmaids or ladies at your kitchen tea.
I have always loved granola. If I had know that making granola was this easy, I would have started years ago. I’m never going back to store bought granola.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (162 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Meaure the oats and puffed rice into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until very smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients over cereal and stir until evenly coated. Spread mixture on the prepared cookie sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove sheet from the oven, stir the pecans into the granola, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove granola from the oven, toss with the dried cranberries, and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
I think it’s best served with yoghurt. Not milk, yoghurt!
Tie pretty ribbon around your jars and add a label saying “Thank You” or “Made with love”.
Your guests will love these!